For unrivaled beauty and durability
Our Garapa decking board is not only exotic and elegantóit has the strength and staying power to endure season after season of daily use and exposure to the elements. Also known as Brazilian Ash or Grapia, Garapa is one of the highest quality exotic hardwoods. With a high resistance to scratches, decay, and insects, itís especially well-suited to outdoor deck construction.
Features of Garapa Decking:
- Boasts a lighter tone, ranging from pale yellow to deep gold
- Fine-grained surface, similar to maple or mahogany
- Strong, high-density composition stands up to the elements
- Retains a smooth, like-new appearance for decades
- Weathers to a soft silvery hue when left uncoated with a UV inhibitor or stain
At Everlasting Hardwoods, we personally visit our suppliers and obtain our Garapa decking from reputable producers, ensuring that our decking is legally harvested in a responsible manner and from authorized concessions. We also buy only kiln-dried garapa, as it is more stable than air-dried lumber. This is particularly important in these thicker planks, which are prone to shrinking or twisting if air-dried.